Thursday, March 4, 2010

Website Maintenance, anyone??

Can someone on the blogger website maintenance team work out that problem with the comments? Even when you are signed into google, it will first return an error when you try to comment on someones article. Only at the second attempt does it bring that word verification thingy.

A couple of my friends have complained about this problem too. One actually was convinced that he had to be a blogger to comment on anyones article, and that's why his browser always returned an error. I told him he could do so as 'anonymous' as i used to do before i started blogging.

3 comments:

  1. Might be the speed of connection, might be a temporary glitch. These systems are made by human beings and will stall once in a while. I get it now and then but I am now used to it - I ignore the message and re-post.

    What irritates me are the word prompts with letters so scrunched together you need a magnifying glass to figure them out. What's up with that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's worse is the agony of posting a comment and then the browser hangs and then guess what the comment was not stored on a virtual clipboard and then you have to retype your comment......the ISPs sure convinced me to upgrade my bandwith!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Afrogay - That scrunched word thingy is some internet security policy to make sure its 'humans' posting, and not some automated programs like junk mail, so our blogs dont get posts from 'lolita' or 'lose 15 pounds in a week' automated junk.

    @ Icearc - i had the same problem a couple of times, now i make sure i copy the email to my system clipboard so when the browser conks out on me, i just paste and post.

    ReplyDelete